Whew, getting back into the Kansas side of things has been a bit stressful to say the least. Moving in general is not the most relaxing thing in the world, let alone to move a couple blocks into a new state. I made it to the DMV on Tuesday afternoon and waited in line for an hour and fifteen minutes just to get my drivers license. I brought every document I could find....my birth certificate, our marriage license (from WIsconsin I might add), our house closing documents, my old Missouri license, and my car title. After waiting in the longest line ever, I finally got to say "cheese" to the little camera and received my printed off paper temporary license, yipee, NOT!
I therefore, missed the time to get my Kansas license plates. Driving home from the DMV I felt accomplished, like I could check this off my "to do" list. Until I hear "whoop whoop," sirens from a police man behind me. I was pulled over for expired plates....seriously?!?!?! I have been driving with expired plates since January and I just happen to get pulled over, geez..the luck. So he asks me for license and insurance. Of course I tell him I am on the way home from teh DMV so all I have is my nifty picee of paper license, and I SEARCHED for my insurance and all I could find is the one that freakin expired in December, ahhhhh!
So, he takes my paper license back to car after I explained to him everything. I was moving, I just bought a house, I came from the DMV, I missed the time to get new plates, Im pregnant....I tried everything and he still insisted on my license and insurance. After searching through everything still no sign of insurance, so I ended up getting a $200 for driving with no insurance. He waived the ticket for expired plates, which was nice....I guess.
After I found my insurance all I had to do was take it to the municiple court and they would waive the ticket...DONE! Thank goodness, I could not have taken on another $200 expense!!!
As for the nursery, the paint is complete and looks AMAZING! It is a dark gray and I Love it! I forgot to take a picture, so I will try and remember to tonight when I go over for my inspection. I like to inspect everything each day to make sure the contractors are making progress. Psycho, nah, just part of the nesting.
The guest bathroom was practically complete last night, the custom countertops look awesome, we are so happy with them. The master bath and kitchen paint should all be complete by tomorrow, so we can officially move in Saturday morning.
Wish us luck! I will post some pictures asap.....we get internet and cable on Saturday so hopefully I will be able to stay in touch.
No comments:
Post a Comment