Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sick of being Sick

SO I have to blog about this so we never forget it! It all started on October 27th with Johnny having a fever of 102, and the doctor diagnosed him with Hand, Foot & Mouth. She said he would get a few blisters around his hands, feet and his mouth. Well he ended up breaking out into blisters over his ENTIRE body. After an urgent care visit, Children's Mercy visit, they found it to be the most severe case any doctor had ever seen. Poor little guy. He was home from school for 10 days, and Harry did not get to see his cousin. My sister and I did not have contact for 10 days either, due to my pregnancy we were trying to be cautious. The following Tuesday I was sick for several days with a head cold I passed along to Harry which lead to a double ear infection. He started his antibiotic and was feeling better a few days later. I was feeling better also. 5 days later I got another cold while we were in COlumbia celebrating Scott's birthday weekend. The next Wednesday Harry finished his antibiotic & we finally got to see Johnny & Melissa. Then Johnny got Harry's cold (the second one I believe-Im trying to remember) and he got an ear infection. Then Harry got my second cold-ugh.

Johnny still on his antibiotic from the ear infection......keep in mind. Then this past Sunday Parker (johnny's Dad) was feeling queesy. He threw up all morning yesterday. Johnny came home from school yesterday and threw up for 3 hours then was feeling better. Harry got home from school yesterday and was still all snotty from the second cold and now had a severe cough. Johnny slept through the night without throwing up.

Harry on the other hand was up all night last night coughing and I went in to sooth him a couple times. Then at 6am I noticed he was sleeping in a pile of puke. Poor little guy was thrown into the bath. He has not thrown up since.

Melissa & I are experiencing motherhood at its finest, and I just wanted to document it so we can look back during this crazy time. Almost a month of pure sickness!!! I just hope & pray we are all healthy to celebrate Thanksgiving, because we truly do have so much to be thankful for this year.

Happy Turkey Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you guys have been so sick. I hope you are feeling better and everything is going well with your pregnancy. Hope your family has a wonderful thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete